Last Updated: 10 October 2019
Welcome to Docutone Virtual Data Room Services (“Website” or “Services”)!
Please be aware that Docutone may not be the only party that handles your personal data. In using this Website, your personal data may be added, collected or processed by our clients (“Client” or “Clients”) and your co-users authorized by our Clients.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Information About You: We collect information about you provided directly to us by representatives of our Client and yourself. The information we may collect include your name, username, email address, phone number, your employer’s name & address, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you or Clients chooses to provide.
We also store the documents or other information that you upload or provide to our Website.
Information About Other Users: In order to allow other user or users to use our Services, you may need to provide information (including personal data) about someone else, you confirm that they have authorized you to do so and have given you permission for us to collect and process their personal data.
Other Information We Collect: When you access or use our Services, we may collect the following information about you, including but not limited to:
- Your Activity Information: all your activities in connection with the Services and the applications and features thereof, including but not limited to your access, upload, download, share or print etc.
- Login Information: your login information including your internet protocol address, access times, browser type and language, ISP etc.
- Device Information: the device information, including the type of device, the hardware model, operating system and version etc.
Your Information Collected by Using Cookies Technologies: We collect your information by using cookies. Cookes help us distinguish you from other users of our Site and improve our Site and Services. You however can choose not to accept cookies. If you choose to do so, you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can turn off the cookie feature. Alternatively, you can refer to www.allaboutcookies.org for more information.
Your Information We Collect From Other Domains: We may obtain your information from other public domains, including the websites of your employer or the professional institutions you are associated with or the social media services. Collection of your information from such public domains will be conducted strictly in compliance with the applicable laws.
USE OF INFORMATION
Personal data submitted on this Website and in using the Services will be used for the purposes specified in the relevant part of the website or during the provision of the Services. In summary, these purposes include but not limited to:
- Maintain and improve this Website
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve our Services;
- Enable you to access and use our Website and Services;
- Send notices to you or on your behalf, including invitations, new document alerts etc;
- Send you technical notices, reminders, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the Services to you or to other users regarding the Services involving you;
- Respond to your enquiries, comments, questions and requests;
- Provide to you customer service and support;
- Audit and analyze general or specific usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Investigate, prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities or assist the law enforcement agencies in the investigation of such transactions or activities;
- Investigate or prevent unauthorized access to the Services;
- Market or promote to you our new products or services; and
- For other lawful purposes to be specified by us from time to time.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Our Website and Services are hosted in data centers inside China. Your personal information may be stored in either location or both, as the case may be. All the data centers we use are ISO27001 certified and your personal information is encrypted in transmission and at rest.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share and disclose your personal information under the following scenarios:
- With Your Consent: When you choose to use certain features of our Services, your personal information may be shared or disclosed to your co-users. Such personal information may include your name, email address and your employer’s name etc.
- With Our Group Members, Suppliers, Advisors and Other Service Providers: We may share with our group members, suppliers, advisors and other service providers your personal information in order for them to carry out certain work for us. Disclosure of your information to such third parties will be on the need-to-know basis.
- Compliance: We may disclose your information to a third party (a) in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to honor our contractual obligations, (c) to protect the security of our Services; (d) adhere to our ethics standard and integrity, and (e) to protect Docutone, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities.
- Emergency: We may disclose your personal information to a third party to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith disclosing your information will help prevent the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event of a business or asset transfer involving Docutone either as a whole or part of its business or assets.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITE
Our Website and the Service may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for your personal data under these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the options to ask us to take the following measures regarding your personal information:
- provide you with a digital copy of personal information that we hold about you at any time for a reasonable fee; and
- update and correct any incorrect or out-of-date personal information that is kept with us.